Friday, February 22, 2008

Selamat Hari Kebangsaan Brunei!

It's our 24th National Day tomorrow and there has been lots of flag raising and giving away of flags to put on your cars etc in th elead up to tomorrow's parade and presentation by youths and students on the Sultan Omar Ali field downtown BSB.
I still remember participating as one of the pom pom holders in the National Stadium on the first National Day celebration. Prince Charles was in attendance along with most of the Malysian Sultans and the Late King of Tonga! ( there was a rumour then that they had to make an extra big bed for him!)
Sadly I have no photo of the event though I am sure someone somewhere will post one up tomorrow! The field presentations and songs have not changed much and it really amuses my kids when I start belting out the patriotic songs! Still to most teachers it was a nuisance that we had to miss so many classes just to make sure we were perfect for the big day. I heard nowadays they only practice after school hours..rightly so tapi kalau miss class atu dulu-dulu siuk kan, and we still passed! Sadly as my kids are in JIS I don't think they will ever have the opportunity to take part in the National Day celebration unless someone in the board thinks otherwise!
Good luck to all those taking part and Selamat Hari Kebangsaan Brunei! Esok membuat cake bendera Brunei ku eh!....not! Sibuk ku kali ah membuat birthday cake Iqah. Besok malam tah menunjukkan gambar nya.

No comments: